- Radiation Oncology
David J. Perry, MD, a board-certified radiation oncologist, is chief of Radiation Oncology at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center and medical director of the hospital's CyberKnife program. Dr. Perry is one of a just a handful of physicians in the region certified in the use of CyberKnife, a state-of-the-art technology that makes is possible to treat inoperable or surgically difficult tumors safely and painlessly without an incision. He also has extensive clinical training in the use of brachytherapy and Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) to treat cancer and noncancerous tumors. He specializes in the treatment of gynecologic, prostate, lung, head and neck, genitourinary and gastrointestinal cancers as well as sarcomas.
Dr. Perry completed his residency at the Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit, Michigan and completed a fellowship at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
Dr. Perry is a member of several professional organizations including the American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology, the American Brachytherapy Society, the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer and The Radiosurgery Society.
- Fellowship Program: Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2007)
- Residency Program: Karmanos Cancer Institute (2006)
- Internship Program: Oakwood Hospital (2002)
- Medical School: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (2001)
- Board Certification: American Board of Radiology, Radiation Oncology
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for centrally located early-stage non-small cell lung cancer or lung metastases from the RSSearch® patient registry
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) for liver metastasis – clinical outcomes from the international multi-institutional RSSearch® Patient Registry
- Initial Outcomes of Early-Stage Prostate Cancer Treated with SBRT
- Lung metastases treated with stereotactic body radiotherapy
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Clinically Localized Prostate Cancer
- A Targeted Solution: CyberKnife® Effectively Destroys Hard-to-Reach Tumors
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center